Wartime Commer Q4 Chassis with early post war Scottish Aviation 29 seat coach body
This vehicle spent over 40 years in Ted Heslop's scrapyard in Acomb, before being rescued in 2010. All of the restoration has been done by Derek himself, and is still ongoing.
AEC Regent III 9612a NCB H30/26R
AEC Regent III with Northern Coachbuilders, was new as Newcastle Corporation 341 in 1950.
Albion Nimbus NS3N with Harrington DP30F body.
New to Western Welsh
Ford Consul Mk2
E J Weightman
Featured in the 1962 film "Jigsaw" driven by Jack Warner (Dixon of Dock Green) who takes the part of a detective inspector
Ford Zodiac Mk2
Restored after 45 years off road. Shown with matching 1959 Triang Zephyr pedal car
AEC Routemaster 3R2RH, Park Royal H41/31F
New to Northern General as fleet no. 2105; one of only 50 built for use outside London; used for medium-distance services until preserved in 1980. Restored in the original livery in which it entered service.
Daimler CCG6 with Roe double-deck body.
The bus appeared in the 1964 Earls Court Motor Show. It is a hybrid of Daimler chassis and Guy driveline with Gardner engine. It has appeared in a Tesco advert.
The vehicle was new to South Shields Corporation as No 140. On withdrawal, it was retained by Busways and later Stagecoach, and has been maintained by the 140 Group for 32 years. It has been in preservation longer than it was in service. The only double decker remaining in South Shields.
Bristol RESL6L with Eastern Coachworks body
This bus was the first Leyland-engined Bristol RE to be delivered to a non-Tilling operator. It was sold by Busways in 1977 for service with a succession of further operators before reacquisition in 1988. It has been preserved since 1998.
AEC Routemaster Park Royal H40/32R
New to London Transport as RML 2686, one of the last batch of RML's in service and latterly run by Arriva until the demise of RM operation in London. The bus was refurbished some years ago and was fitted with a Cummins engine, bought by Cooper of Annitsford, Northumberland, and acquired from them by present owner in 2005 after driving it up from London. On going restoration to its 1968 looks.
Bristol LHS6L with Marshall single-deck bus body.
Aycliffe & District Bus Preservation Society (Peter Mitchell)
First registered in 1969 by Southern Vectis. It was last in service with United in 1984. The vehicle was restored to 'Newtonian' livery in 1998 as part of the 50th anniversary of the founding of the new town of Newton Aycliffe. Purchased by the society because of its association with the Newtonian service between 1981 and 1984. It was the precursor of the Roadranger services. The vehicle was returned to its original United livery by the Society when acquired in 1984.
The bus is unusual because of its body design by Marshalls of Cambridge who are a well known for specialist vehicles and aircraft conversions.
Regular drivers of LH vehicles compliment the condition of the vehicle. The type was noted for its heavy steering, manual gear change and a 'bouncy' suspension.
JGH 601 K
Austin FX4 London Taxi
Early Austin FX4 London type Taxi powered by the B.M.C. 2.2 Diesel engine. Owned since 1990 about to undergo a full body & chassis restoration.
ERF HCB/Angus Water Tender/Major Pump Appliance
Leyland National Series 'B' Mk 1
Workington Transport Heritage Trust c/o Ian Dunn
In Cumberland N.B.C Livery
Leyland Leopard/Plaxton Supreme C53F
Plaxton Supreme IV bodywork, ex National Express (East Yorkshire). It then went to Cherry Coaches of Hull, before returning to East Yorkshire Motor Services, it spent some it's later years with Lee's of Durham, Classic of Annfield Plain, and Scarlet Band Coaches all in the Durham area, before being preserved by the present owner Mr Tony Hull.
Bristol VRT ECW H43/31F
Restored to United livery
Leyland Atlantean AN68C/2R with Alexander double-deck body.
Treble One Group (Dave Hemsley)
New to Tyne and Wear PTE in 1981; it passed to Busways in 1986. It worked first at City Busways from Byker then most of its time at Slatyford on Fastline services. It had brief spells on Magicbus and at Sunderland and ended up at Stagecoach Transit from where it was bought by the Treble-one Group in 2004.
It is restored in Newcastle Busways livery.
Leyland National 2 B49F. Repowered with Volvo THD100E engine and Voith 851.2 gearbox
Northern National Restoration Group (Craig Smith)
New to Philadelphia Depot of NBC Northern in June 1981.
FTN 710W is one of only 6 National 2/2's to stay in the Wear District all her PSV life. After her withdrawal from Deptford in 2002 she was used as a driver trainer at Gateshead Depot until 2006.
In 2006 4710 was donated to the NEBPT by Go Ahead CEO Christopher Moyes. After restoration 4710 was rolled out at the MetroCentre event in 2008.
After that years season 4710 was mothballed until her sale in 2013 to the Northern National Restoration Group.
Now in her 5th year of ownership 4710 has again had major work done over the last 6 months. She has had a full repaint into the iconic livery of poppy red with NBC Northern fleet names.
Leyland Tiger TRC TL11/3RH Duple Laser 2 C57F
New to Bissett(Primrose Coaches)of Ryton upon Tyne in 1983 as the company silver jubilee vehicle. Later operated by Tyne Valley Motor Services, Hexham.
Extensively restored during 2013 and re entered service as an active PSV with Primrose of Hexham.
MCW Metrobus Mark 2, ex Northern 3501 with MCW bodywork H46/31F
New on the 12th June 1983, as the first Mark 2 Metrobus to be delivered to Northern and also the National Bus Company. Delivered in NBC poppy red, this vehicle was one of only 12 Metrobuses painted in this livery from new. 3501's first depot allocation was Chester le Street, and moved to Murton Depot after a year at it's previous depot, remained here until Murton closed. 3501 was withdrawn in 2000, and after restored won the best 1980's double decker award at Showbus Rally in Duxford in 2009.
The bus is powered by Gardner engine linked to a 4 speed Voith gearbox.
The vehicle is fully restored in "as new" condition.
The bus was withdrawn fifteen years ago and has been in preservation with its current owner ever since.
Leyland Olympian/Alexander new to Carlisle
Carlisle Bus Group (Lee Paul Wardle)
This bus was new in May 1988 and was the 3rd bus that Stagecoach bought for Carlisle and one of the first in the country. Back then it was known as 1005 and was new in Stagecoach Stripes
Since then it has only ever operated out of 3 Cumbrian depots, these being Barrow, Carlisle & Kendal.
Now owned by the Carlisle Bus Group and based in Carlisle. Long term restoration project back to as good as new condition.
Leyland Leopard Duple C53FT
Leyland Tiger / Duple 340. Fitted with Cummins L10 engine and ZF Auto transmission.
Last ever Leyland from a long line taken new by the Primrose company of Ryton on Tyne. Still in active service with Primrose based at Hexham in the Tyne Valley.
Alexander bodied Leyland Olympian
Dolly The Decker Fan Club (Ian Skillcorn)
Ex Stagecoach and Scarlet Band.
Dennis Dart 9.8SDL Alexander Dash B40F
This vehicle was the first of a batch of six new buses 1723 - 1728 (K723 PNL - K728 PNL) delivered to Sunderland Busways in 1993.
It was named 'CITY OF SUNDERLAND' to commemorate the granting of City Status in 1992 by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on the 40th anniversary of her accession to the throne.
DAF MB230 Vanhool Alizee
A-Line Coaches, L B & D C Annis
Ex K551 RJX new to Welsh's, Upton, West Yorkshire
Mercedes 814D Vario with a Plaxton Beaver 2 body
Workington Transport Heritage Trust c/o Ian Dunn
In Osprey Bus/Stagecoach livery
Volvo Olympian Palatine II
County Durham Bus Preservation Group
3833 was acquired from Go North East in November last year. The members of the County Durham Bus Preservation Group felt this vehicle should be secured for preservation, as it was the last step entrance vehicle bought new by Go North East.
The bus appears in its "acquired" state, but will be eventually restored into Go Coastline livery as it was when brand new.
A-Line Coaches, L B & D C Annis
Original registration V79 JKG new to Bebb, Llantwit Fardre