Why not bring your vintage vehicle to the Recreation Ground, Seaburn on August Bank Holiday Monday?
This event will feature a selection of historic vehicles on display, trade stands, amusements for all and a free bus service around the local area.
The first bus will depart at 11:00 and departures will be every 30 minutes thereafter, until the last bus at 16:00.
To travel to the event by public transport catch Stagecoach North East services E1 or E2 or Go North East service 558 which stop next to the site, or Stagecoach North East service E6 which stops close to the site.
For additional information on the location of Seaburn Recreation Ground, click here
Been off the road for many years but restored by a previous owner.
Bristol L5G with Eastern Coachworks single-deck bus body.
The bus was new to United in the summer of 1947, with fleet number BLO 202. It was allocated to subsidiary company Bell's Services of Westerhope, Newcastle carrying the standard red and cream livery. Next, in 1951, it was returned to the main United fleet as BG 216. In 1959, the bus was transferred from United to subsidiary company Durham District Services, with whom it ran in green and cream livery, numbered DB 216. It was sold for preservation in 1968.
AEC Regent III 9612a NCB H30/26R
AEC Regent III with Northern Coachbuilders, was new as Newcastle Corporation 341 in 1950.
Morris Oxford series II saloon
The vehicle was owned by a farmer's wife in Scotland for 30 years. It was restored 15 years ago by a previous owner.
Ford Zephyr MKII Hi-line in Richmond Blue
Three owners from new. Spent most of its life in the Channel Islands. Converted to LPG gas. Restored over last winter
AEC Routemaster Park Royal 64-seat double-deck bodywork.
The bus was put into service by London Transport as RM1058, an example of the original production short-length vehicles. After privatisation it was inherited by Go Ahead's London Central and worked from New Cross garage. It was retired into preservation in 2005 after service 36 was converted to driver-only operation. Restoration continues on the vehicle, including seats re-trimmed in original Scott tartan. Original registration 58 CLT.
Ford Consul 375 convertable
Ford Consul mark 2 convertable. Fully restored 10 years ago. Average is 150 miles a year only comes out in good weather
Ford Capri Classic 315
On going restoration
Scammell Scarab 6 ton tractor unit and trailer
Originally owned by the Leyland Motors Plant, Lancashire, first as an articulated vehicle for parts deliveries then converted to a flat bed / shunting tractor for use around the plant. Leyland removed all coupling gear and associated equipment.
Restoration first took place in the late 80s and early 90s where the vehicle remained as a shunting tractor and attended many rallies in this form.
The vehicle was never registered by Leyland Motors and was registered for the first time in 1994 with the DVLA.
Work commenced in late 2010 to start converting the vehicle back to a tractor unit with the Scammell coupling and associated equipment refitted. Donor spares were luckily found to achieve the conversion back to a tractor unit. A suitable Scammell trailer was acquired in 2013 and was also restored. This vehicle has been attending rallies in the area for over twenty years now, the first one being the 1995 Seaburn bus rally.
An upmarket version of the best-selling BMC 1100/1300 range during the 60s & early 70s
One of 2.25 million BMC ADO16 series of 1100/1300s manufactured. About 50 Riley Kestrels left now!
Bristol VRTLL Open Top
Chassis 117 ex Eastern Scottish passed to Southdown Motor Services Ltd in 1973 as a swap for a Bristol Lodekka and then to Alder Valley in 1980. It was converted to open top in 1983 and was withdrawn in February 1992. It then was used in Scarborough by Shoreline Suncruisers until 1997 when it passed to Lallys Coach Hire, Spiddal, County Galway, Republic of Ireland and was withdrawn from service in April 2000. It then returned to the UK for preservation
Morris Minor Convertable
Chris and Anne Jarvis
Original convertible in Old English White
FD Victor 2000
This is a 1968 built FD Victor 2000. Registered 1st Jan ?69 in Peacock Blue. The car had two owners in its 3 years of use and was eventually parked up in garage by its Vauxhall enthusiast owner. He bought an UNREGISTERED Bedford CF camper in 1972 to go on holiday. Whilst using another Bedford van as every day transport, the CF camper sat in front of the garage blocking the doorway. The camper was never registered and the Victor, which only ever had ONE M.O.T, had never seen the light of day until 2005. The car returned to the road in 2006 with just 20k on the clock. Currently has 34,000 miles and is unrestored except a repaint.
Renault R8 Gordini
Sports version of Renault 8. Used by Renault works rally team
Bristol RESL6L with Eastern Coachworks 43-seat front-entrance bus bodywork.
This bus has had two periods of service life and two of preservation. It began work for Bristol Omnibus and ran until 1992; it was preserved until 1997; then ran for Northern Bus, Sheffield, until again preserved from 1997.
New to Bristol Omnibus Co. Last survivor of this design of ECW body on 33' chassis. Having been rallied for past 16 years in various 'Bristol Omnibus' liveries, this bus has recently undergone further restoration and been re-painted into 1960s Tilling Red to represent a similar United Automobile Services vehicle long departed XHN 938G.
Vauxhall Viva HB Estate
Formerly YLT 323H
Ford Capri 1.3 L
Acquired by the current owner in 2004. The engine and gearbox has been replaced. It has had a full restoration of the body, new wings, wheel arches, sills, door posts and a full respray. Very rare pre face lift model. One of only 7 believed in existance.
Reliant Scimitar GTE
Paul Ross Janet Ross
Ford D Series Platform Lorry
New in 1972, was used internally with ICI for 8 years, Now in the liverty of Vaux Brewery, and preserved by the current owner.
MGB GT Built in 1972 but not registered until March 1973. Last chrome bumper MGB variation before the change to rubber bumper. Restored 16 years ago by the previous owner. Member of the North East Restoration Club
Hillman Hunter GL saloon
Ford Granada GXL
Family owned from new now with its third generation owner.
Karrier Bantam 'Chelsea' type Refuse Lorry
Originating in Cumberland as a flatbed coal lorry, it gained it's 'Chelsea' style refuse body for filming purposes before moving to the North East. Currently painted in Seaham Urban District Council livery, who used similar vehicles in the 1960s. The photo shows the vehicle with modified registration, when used for filming.
Ford Escort MK1 RS 2000
One of the last MK1 Escorts before MK2 launched. Finished in Ermine White with Blue trim
Former Devon General bus now preserved in the North East
Jaguar XJC Coupe
New in 1976 and now preserved by the current owner.
Land Rover Series III 109" HCB/Angus L4P Fire Appliance
New to British Steel's Barrow works, Cumbria in 1978 until sold to Bowater Tissue Manufacturers, Barrow-in-Furness, in 1983. Passed to a major motor museum in early 2001 but sold in late 2001 to the current owner who has restored it to running order. Total mileage is only 11,800 miles.
Triumph Dolomite 1850 hl blue
Vauxhall Cavalier 2000 GLS Sports Hatch
The owner purchased the vehicle in September, 2001, for only ?50. It has since been recommissioned with the paint restored from bare metal, and is now used everyday as well as being presented at shows.
Dodge Ram Truck, originally belonging to USAF based at Alconbury. Dual purpose, LPG and petrol
Mercedes-Benz 420SE (W126)
Ex Marks & Spencer London car
BMW 635 CSi Highline
Last year of 6-Series Shark-Nose 13-year production. 192,000 miles, original Royal Blue Metallic with White Lotus Leather and in everyday use. 3430cc straight six, one of the last produced of Paul Bracq's design.
VW polo breadvan
With a difference!
Ford Granada Minster
1 of only 6 left registered. new to Tyne Tees TV then Automobile Association
Chevrolet Grumman LLV. US Postal Services Van
Paul & Sue Gray
US Postal Services Van. Right Hand drive as standard. Believed to be only one of 4 in the UK.
Rover Mini Italian Job
Original unrestored mini, 7,500 miles from new
A selection of vehicles from Howard Snaith's current fleet of executive coaches
Leyland Lion LT2 Burlingham C31F
Howard Snaith Coaches
New to Pridham of Lamerton.
Austin K8 Plaxton Venturer coach body.
This small 14 seater coach was a Plaxton exhibit at the 1952 Commercial Motor Show, before being delivered to Scott's Greys of Darlington. The company was formed in 1919 by Fred Scott who died in 1952. The business was taken over by Reg and Marion Hunter and RHN 548 was their first new coach. It was sold to Grierson's Coaches of Fishburn in 1956 and in the late 1970's ended up in a scrapyard in Ossett. Rescued by enthusiasts in 1984 it was restored and is in preserved in its original livery. "Maid Marion" has been owned by Keith and Chris Kitching of Scarborough since 2005.
Guy Arab IV Massey H30/26R
New to Exeter Corporation as No. 52, later operated for Shaw Brothers in Bishop Auckland area in 1971, and later passed onto United Atomobile Services in 1975, and with the current owner since September 1992. preserved in memory of John Shaw
Bedford CA 11-seat minibus
Kenebrake bodywork, one of very few remaining. Purchased in Wales by the current owner in August 2008.
Daimler CCG5 with Roe 61-seat highbridge double-deck body with open rear platform.
Aycliffe & District Bus Preservation Society (Peter Mitchell)
New to Darlington Corporation Transport and in service from 1964 until 1980. Purchased by ADBPS in 1980. It is unusual with its combination of Daimler chassis and Guy Arab driveline with Gardner 5LW engine and constant mesh gearbox.
AEC Routemaster Park Royal H41/31F
North East Bus Preservation Trust Ltd
This bus was one of 50 AEC-Park Royal front entrance Routemasters that were new to NGT, fitted with Leyland 0.600 engines. Originally registered RCN 699.It passed to Stevenson's of Uttoxeter, then to Stagecoach for use on Magicbus routes in Glasgow, reregistered as EDS 508B, and by then powered by an AEC engine. Re-purchased by Northern, passing to the late Chris Moyes OBE and given registration mark PCN 762. Now in the care of NEBPT.
Daimler CCG6 with Roe double-deck body.
The bus appeared in the 1964 Earls Court Motor Show. It is a hybrid of Daimler chassis and Guy driveline with Gardner engine. It has appeared in a Tesco advert.
The vehicle was new to South Shields Corporation as No 140. On withdrawal, it was retained by Busways and later Stagecoach, and has been maintained by the 140 Group for 32 years. It has been in preservation longer than it was in service. The only double decker remaining in South Shields.
AEC Routemaster Park Royal H40/32R
This Routemaster entered service as London Transport RML2551 in 1966, initially on route 6, and after refurbishment on route 12. Refurbishment was of both interior and of the driveline, when a Cummins engine replaced the AEC original. The current owner intends to preserve it with its route 12 branding.
AEC Routemaster Park Royal H40/32R
New to London Transport as RML 2686, one of the last batch of RML's in service and latterly run by Arriva until the demise of RM operation in London. The bus was refurbished some years ago and was fitted with a Cummins engine, bought by Cooper of Annitsford, Northumberland, and acquired from them by present owner in 2005 after driving it up from London. On going restoration to its 1968 looks.
Bristol LHS6L with Plaxton C33F bodywork
The vehicle was new to Epsom Coaches in 1976 then to G E Sykes of Appleton Roebuck near York. It was acquired by the current owner in 2003.
Leyland Atlantean AN68C/2R with Alexander double-deck body.
Treble One Group (Dave Hemsley)
New to Tyne and Wear PTE in 1981; it passed to Busways in 1986. It worked first at City Busways from Byker then most of its time at Slatyford on Fastline services. It had brief spells on Magicbus and at Sunderland and ended up at Stagecoach Transit from where it was bought by the Treble-one Group in 2004.
It is restored in Newcastle Busways livery.
Leyland National Mark 2
New to Merseyside Passenger Transport Executive in 1982 and its metamorphosis into MTL and Arriva. It was sold and stored from about 2000, thence worked with Gilmoss Training. Yesterbus acquired this vehicle in to the fleet in 2006 and she retains her original 680 engine.
Leyland Leopard Plaxton C53F
Leyland Leopard with Plaxton Supreme V body
MCW Metrobus Mark 2, ex Northern 3501 with MCW bodywork H46/31F
New on the 12th June 1983, as the first Mark 2 Metrobus to be delivered to Northern and also the National Bus Company. Delivered in NBC poppy red, this vehicle was one of only 12 Metrobuses painted in this livery from new. 3501's first depot allocation was Chester le Street, and moved to Murton Depot after a year at it's previous depot, remained here until Murton closed. 3501 was withdrawn in 2000, and after restored won the best 1980's double decker award at Showbus Rally in Duxford in 2009.
The bus is powered by Gardner engine linked to a 4 speed Voith gearbox.
The vehicle is fully restored in "as new" condition.
The bus was withdrawn fifteen years ago and has been in preservation with its current owner ever since.
New in 1984, ran between North West and London on Rapide services for Ribble. Purchased from Fosters of Hetton in 1994 and still in semi use. Named Lady Pamela. This vehicle was completely refurbished in 2006.
Leyland Leopard/Plaxton Supreme C53F
Plaxton Supreme IV bodywork, ex National Express (East Yorkshire). It then went to Cherry Coaches of Hull, before returning to East Yorkshire Motor Services, it spent some it's later years with Lee's of Durham, Classic of Annfield Plain, and Scarlet Band Coaches all in the Durham area, before being preserved by the present owner Mr Tony Hull.
Daimler Fleetline CRL6 with Northern Counties H43/27D body
This last-surviving Teesside 'standard' only 13'5" high, was acquired for preservation in 1989. It has covered over 1,200,000 miles!
Bristol MW6G with ECW C39F bodywork.
North East Bus Preservation Trust Ltd
This vehicle was new to West Yorks RCC as fleet no. CUG 27. It was withdrawn from service in September 1973, and passed through a number of private owners until acquired by the late Chris Moyes in 1996. Thoroughly overhauled by Go-Ahead and extensively rallied, this vehicle later passed to NEBPT ownership.
Leyland National MK1
Leyland National MK1. One of 8 dual doored nationals delivered new to Southport Corporation in 1974. Yesterbus acquired this vehicle in to the fleet in 2008 and she retains her original 510 engine.
Dennis Loline (Gardner 6LW engine) with Northern Counties double-deck H36/31RD body
This bus was an exhibit at the Earls Court Motor Show when new. and entered service as Middlesbrough 99. It was taken out of service in 1972 and sold to a Scottish operator. It was rescued from scrap and rebuilt to emerge on the rally scene in 1998.
Austin 7 Ruby
Morris Minor 4 door saloon
Modified engine, otherwise original car.
Scammel Showman's Tractor
New in 1952 to Guinness of London, sold to Ken Furborough of Leicester (Showman) and was used to travel the Big Wheel between fairgrounds
MG Magnette ZA
First registered December 1955 in Devon. A 1798cc MGB engine was fitted in 1991, original was a 1489cc "B" series. 8 previous owners, bought by current owner in September 2007. Completed its 7th Beamish Run this year.
Rover P4 90
A L Colquhoun
The vehicle was purchased in 1973 for the current owner's son. Column gear change converted to floor change. Semaphore signal changed to flashers. Further work is required.
Leyland Leopard PSU3/3RT, Alexander DP51F
New to Venture Transport as fleet no. 249, passing to Northern as 2830, later 4264. Withdrawn in 1980 and sold to APT, Lincoln. Purchased by the late Michael Reed and partly restored. Completely restored to as-new condition over a couple of years.
Ford Anglia 105E saloon
Ford Consul Mk2
Jaguar 3.4 Mk2 saloon
Preserved by the current owner
Bristol SUL4A, ECW B36F
New to the West Yorkshire Road Car Company and ran from Malton and York depots. Withdrawn in 1972 and sold via a dealer to Wolfreton School, Hull. Later sold to BP Chemicals at Saltend Refinery and used on internal works transport within the plant. Presented by BP for preservation in 1983 and kept at Sandtoft Trolleybus Museum, where some restoration work was carried out, but this was not completed and it passed to the present owner in 1993 in a generally poor condition. Since acquisition much restoration work has been carried out and the vehicle is now tested to full PSV standard once again, although only used to attend rallies and running days
Morris Oxford four-door saloon
All original. Finished in BMC Black with red leather interior. Only 2 previous owners and covered just 45000 miles.
Alan & Elsie Ellis
1966 Humber Sceptre 1725cc automatic. Acquired from the original owners family with history and MOT documents showing the genuine 60,000 miles from new.
Ford Anglia Super
Bought in 2000, several previous owners, recent restoration.
This Ford Anglia light van is now preserved by the current owner
Morris Minor 1000
Two door Black saloon. We are the third owners from new and have owned "Myna" for 27 years, over half "her" lifetime.
Rover 2000 auto
The vehicle has covered 119 000 miles and gone through six owners since new.
ERF LV 3 car Transporter.
New to Bells of Ashington as a box van. As a result of a fire, it ended its life as a flat-bed lorry. Purchased by present owner in 2002 and converted to a car transporter, which is loaded with period BMC cars.
Morris Minor 1000
Morris Minor 1000 4 door saloon. Two owners from new, in everyday use with a total mileage over 240,000 miles.
Ford Zodac MKI
Preserved by the current owner
Owned since 2001. New carbs, new engine fitted in 2003 )now on 12000 miles), new front/rear suspension, new brakes (discs & pads), electronic ignition and fuel pump, 12V battery.
VW Beetle 1300cc
MG B GT
Vanden Plas Princess
Hillman Avenger 1250S
2.0 litre Fuel Injection estate version of Volvo P1800
Reliant Super Robin 850
William L Briggs
Owned since 1983, used as everyday transport for owner when a bus driver, still going well today. Very well maintained by myself former mechanic come bus driver
Vauxhall Firenza coup
This vehicle was only recently acquired by the present owner in 2006. It has a 1.8 litre engine in replacement for its orginal one of 1.256 litres.
Triumph 2000 Mk 2 saloon
Bill and Ena Hutchinson
The car has been in the possession of the current owner for 30 years.
New to R Budge heavy haulage as a 6x4 unit then onto West of Scotland before being used to haul trailers for the American Circus. Purchased and converted to a recovery vehicle ending up at Alpha Recovery before being purchased by myself
Reliant Scimitar GTE
E E Farrage
Mr T S Hunt
1200CC Last year of European production. Because of distinctive body paintwork it is known as "Fire'ry Fred" or "Flamer".
Morris Marina 440 7cwt Van
Purchased new by the current owner for his carpet business. Used as a private vehicle from 2000. First entered in classic shows from 2004. Won various other awards. Also won its class at the Tyne Tees Run for the last 7 years.
Pontiac Firebird Trans-am
Austin Mini Metro V'P automatic.
Ford Cortina MK 5 Crusader 1.6
Standard unmolested Cortina Crusader in near original condition
Dennis RS/SS Pump Escape Fire Engine
New in 1982 to East Sussex Fire Brigade in Brighton, equipped and operational, attended the 1984 IRA Brighton Grand Hotel bombing. Brighton was one of the last Brigades to operate and keep the pump escapes. 10.5 diesel engine automatic. 50 FT ladder.
Triumph Acclaim CD
Nissan Sunny ZX RZI Coupe
After 25 yrs this car is still in factory condition complete with full service history