Why not bring your vintage vehicle to the Recreation Ground, Seaburn on August Bank Holiday Monday?
This event will feature a selection of historic vehicles on display, trade stands, amusements for all and a free bus service around the local area.
The first bus will depart at 11:00 and departures will be every 30 minutes thereafter, until the last bus at 16:00.
Admission Charges Adult £3; Concessions/Child £2.
There is no charge for those who have entered a vehicle in the event.
To travel to the event by public transport catch Stagecoach North East services E1 or E2 or NexusBus service 558 which stop next to the site, or Stagecoach North East service E6 which stops close to the site.
For additional information on the location of Seaburn Recreation Ground, click here
There were only 482 of this model manufactured and there are only 3 still in existence. This car had a complete body off restoration that took nearly 5 years to complete. The restoration was finished in January 2016.
Austin 12/4 Ascot
Nicely restored Austin 12/4 Ascot saloon in red over black
Bristol K5G ECW L27/26R
Aycliffe & District Bus Preservation Society (Peter Mitchell)
Formerly fleet no. BGL 29 with United Automobile Services. Sold to Silcox, Pembroke Docks in 1959, and purchased for preservation by Phillip Battersby in 1970. Acquired by ADBPS in 1981 and restored to full United livery.
AEC Regal I, Beadle OB35F
Andrew Dolan North East Bus Preservation Trust Ltd
An unusual open-top conversion of a Beadle bodied AEC Regal bus, new to Maidstone & District and restored in their livery, Acquired by the late Christopher Moyes from Guide Friday, now in the care of NEBPT.
Bristol L5G with Eastern Coachworks single-deck bus body.
The bus was new to United in the summer of 1947, with fleet number BLO 202. It was allocated to subsidiary company Bell's Services of Westerhope, Newcastle carrying the standard red and cream livery. Next, in 1951, it was returned to the main United fleet as BG 216. In 1959, the bus was transferred from United to subsidiary company Durham District Services, with whom it ran in green and cream livery, numbered DB 216. It was sold for preservation in 1968.
AEC Regent III 9612a NCB H30/26R
AEC Regent III with Northern Coachbuilders, was new as Newcastle Corporation 341 in 1950.
Scammell MU15 Ballast Truck
Ex Shellmex tanker unit. Converted to a ballast truck by present owner. Completely restored by the present owner in 2008.
One of the last split screen models. The car is very original and has never had any welding repairs. Has been repainted in 2 Pack. To date the car has done 16,000 miles.
Morris Minor Convertible
Sunbeam Alpine - 2 seat sports car
One of the first Alpines made, and now one of the few remaining from the first series.
Jaguar MkI 3.4
Albion Nimbus NS3N with Harrington DP30F body.
New to Western Welsh
Jaguar 3.4 Mk2 saloon
Preserved by the current owner
Morris JB Post Office van
Ex GPO van. Last of the JBs. Spent all of its working life in Cardiff. Acquired for preservation by present owner 11 years ago
Bristol SUL4A, ECW B36F
New to the West Yorkshire Road Car Company and ran from Malton and York depots. Withdrawn in 1972 and sold via a dealer to Wolfreton School, Hull. Later sold to BP Chemicals at Saltend Refinery and used on internal works transport within the plant. Presented by BP for preservation in 1983 and kept at Sandtoft Trolleybus Museum, where some restoration work was carried out, but this was not completed and it passed to the present owner in 1993 in a generally poor condition. Since acquisition much restoration work has been carried out and the vehicle is now tested to full PSV standard once again, although only used to attend rallies and running days
Ford Zodiac Mk2
Restored after 45 years off road. Shown with matching 1959 Triang Zephyr pedal car
Leyland Leopard PSU3/3RT, Alexander DP51F
New to Venture Transport as fleet no. 249, passing to Northern as 2830, later 4264. Withdrawn in 1980 and sold to APT, Lincoln. Purchased by the late Michael Reed and partly restored. Completely restored to as-new condition over a couple of years.
Ford Consul Classic 1500 cc
Becoming quite rare. Sold new in Newcastle and spent all its life in the North East. Spent several years as a showpiece at Pattersons Ford garage at Shiremoor. Appeared in Heartbeat and several episodes of Inspector George Gently series 7 on BBC
Scammell Scarab 6 ton tractor unit and trailer
Originally owned by the Leyland Motors Plant, Lancashire, first as an articulated vehicle for parts deliveries then converted to a flat bed / shunting tractor for use around the plant. Leyland removed all coupling gear and associated equipment.
Restoration first took place in the late 80s and early 90s where the vehicle remained as a shunting tractor and attended many rallies in this form.
The vehicle was never registered by Leyland Motors and was registered for the first time in 1994 with the DVLA.
Work commenced in late 2010 to start converting the vehicle back to a tractor unit with the Scammell coupling and associated equipment refitted. Donor spares were luckily found to achieve the conversion back to a tractor unit. A suitable Scammell trailer was acquired in 2013 and was also restored. This vehicle has been attending rallies in the area for over twenty years now, the first one being the 1995 Seaburn bus rally.
Daimler CCG6 with Roe double-deck body.
The bus appeared in the 1964 Earls Court Motor Show. It is a hybrid of Daimler chassis and Guy driveline with Gardner engine. It has appeared in a Tesco advert.
The vehicle was new to South Shields Corporation as No 140. On withdrawal, it was retained by Busways and later Stagecoach, and has been maintained by the 140 Group for 32 years. It has been in preservation longer than it was in service. The only double decker remaining in South Shields.
Atkinson Alpha Marshall B45D
The vehicle was new to the commission of Sunderland Corporation
Ford Mk1 Cortina Estate 1500 Deluxe
Ford Cortina Mk1 1500 Super
Morris Oxford Saloon
AEC Routemaster Park Royal H06/00R
North East Bus Preservation Trust Ltd
This Routemaster entered service as London Transport RML2530 in 1966 and was latterly a First Group bus at Centrewest. After withdrawal in 2004 it passed via Ensign to Gillingham Football Club and was converted to a promotional vehicle with a trailer, having conversion work carried out by South East Coachworks. It was acquired by McCains in 2007 and converted into 'The Potato Bus', which travelled extensively around the country promoting McCains and explaining the story of the potato to school children, most of whom did not know that chips were made from potatoes! It was acquired by Rydale Folk Museum at Hutton-le-Hole near Pickering from McCain?s in October 2010. Following an enquiry from Keith Kitching of Scarborough it was acquired by the NEBPT in April 2012
AEC Routemaster Park Royal H40/32R
This Routemaster entered service as London Transport RML2551 in 1966, initially on route 6, and after refurbishment on route 12. Refurbishment was of both interior and of the driveline, when a Cummins engine replaced the AEC original. The current owner intends to preserve it with its route 12 branding.
Vauxhall Victor 101 Estate Ambulance
Bristol RESL6L with Eastern Coachworks body
This bus was the first Leyland-engined Bristol RE to be delivered to a non-Tilling operator. It was sold by Busways in 1977 for service with a succession of further operators before reacquisition in 1988. It has been preserved since 1998.
Preserved by the current owner
Morris 1000 4 door saloon
Morris Minor 1000
Two door Black saloon. We are the third owners from new and have owned "Myna" for 27 years, over half "her" lifetime.
Daimler 2.5 V8 Gun metal grey metallic
Having an excellent history file showing the car has been well maintained and kept as original as possible.
Austin A40 Farina
Morris Minor 1000 two door saloon
Acquired in 2003 from Bournmoor. Has undergone an extensive restoration with many new parts fitted, however with any Moggie there's always something to tinker with to keep it looking good.
Bedford KM Recovery Vehicle
Built new as a recovery vehicle. Purchased in 2016 and restored, shown in livery of local Vauxhall Bedford dealers Adams & Gibbon
Triumph TR6 - 2 seat sports car
A very early TR6, which was supplied to the USA when new. Re-imported back to the UK
Jensen FF II
ERF LV 6 x 4 Recovery Vehicle
Purchased by W A Glendenning of Shotley Bridge and converted to a recovery vehicle by Ken Glendenning in 1978. Current owner purchased this vehicle in July 2007, his father was one of many who drove it in service with Glendennings.
Vauxhall Viva X14
Limited edition model in 1972, based on the Deluxe model, but with 14 extras. This was a manufacture special edition and not a dealer one.
Coach built Cotswold Camper
A rare Cotswold Concorde Camper on a Mk1 Ford Transit 2Ltr V4 & auto gearbox. Restored 2009
Mk3 Ford Cortina Saloon
Vauxhall FE Victor 2300cc Saloon
Manufactured 1972, registered 1973. Owned since 1975. Original except for 2 front wings fitted 1989.
Hillman Hunter GL saloon
Austin 1300 GT
Chris and Anne Jarvis
MG B Roadster
Owned for the last 3 years, engine o/hauled 2016, new rear suspension, new clutch, electronic ignition, interior upgrade and alloy wheels
Reliant Regal 3/30 Saloon
Bristol RELH6G ECW DP49F
SHN 80L (6080) was new to United in the summer of 1973. The vehicle spent the majority of its operating career working from Bishop Auckland depot and chiefly used on the Bishop Auckland to Newcastle service. The vehicle entered preservation upon withdrawal in 1987 and has a number of owners since then. The bus was repatriated to its native North East by its current owner of this year. The plan is to eventually repaint 6080 into NBC poppy red and white, the livery the bus wore whist operating for United.
MG BGT V8
Mercury Montego MX
R L Hauxwell (Snr)
5.8 V8 3 Speed Auto. Twin mufflers. Holley 4 Barrel Carb. Came to UK in 1979. As far as we know and the DVLA, it is the only 4 door sedan of this model in the UK.
Ford Transit Mk 1 Ambulance
Only 13,000 miles from new. worked from an MOD munitions factory until 2002. Has appeared in "The Bank Job" with Jason Statham, Heartbeat, The Royal and Inspector George Gently
Owned since 2008. Has been exhibited at many local shows, members of the North East Restoration Club
Leyland Leopard Duple Dominant
Former Eassons (Sholing)
Daimler Fleetline FE30AGR with Alexander 83-seat double-deck body.
North East Bus Preservation Trust Ltd
This was one of the last Tyne and Wear PTE standards, built to dual-door configuration and later converted.
Bristol VRT Northern Counties H43/31F
New to Cleveland Transit as their H106 in 1977. A typical Northern Counties body but unusually on a Bristol VRT/SL3 chassis. Worked from both Middlesbrough and Stockton Depots.
Withdrawn in 1989 and sold on to Jones of Llanfaethlu on Anglesey for further service. Recovered by the 500 Group in 2006, apparently not needing too much work!
After an eight year rebuild involving many thousands of hours work by a dedicated volunteer team and a 5 figure cost, she debuted in preservation at the Stagecoach Stockton Depot Open day in September 2014. Now entering her 3rd season on the rally circuit.
Leyland Atlantean AN68A/2R Alexander 86-seat double-deck bodywork.
North East Bus Preservation Trust Ltd
This Tyne and Wear standard Leyland Atlantean entered service based at South Shields, and passed to South Shields Busways after deregulation in 1986. It is preserved in the livery of South Shields Busways.
Leyland Leopard/Plaxton Supreme C53F
Plaxton Supreme IV bodywork, ex National Express (East Yorkshire). It then went to Cherry Coaches of Hull, before returning to East Yorkshire Motor Services, it spent some it's later years with Lee's of Durham, Classic of Annfield Plain, and Scarlet Band Coaches all in the Durham area, before being preserved by the present owner Mr Tony Hull.
Bristol LH6L ECW B43F
New To Bristol Omnibus. Worked at Solent Blue Line, Hampshire Bus, TMS, EYMS. Became static living accommodation.
Morris Marina 440 7cwt Van
Purchased new by the current owner for his carpet business. Used as a private vehicle from 2000. First entered in classic shows from 2004. Won various other awards. Also won its class at the Tyne Tees Run for the last 7 years.
Leyland National MK2 B49F
FTN708W was new to Northern General in 1981.
The bus remained within the old Sunderland and District area until withdrawal in 2003. The bus was acquired for preservation in 2007, and since that time has undergone an extensive rebuild due to serious corrosion that was present to the body.
Initially presented last season in Tyne and Wear PTE livery, the bus has been professionally repainted into Go Wear Buses livery, over the winter season.
Leyland National 2 B49F. Repowered with Volvo THD100E engine and Voith 851.2 gearbox
Northern National Restoration Group (Craig Smith)
New to Philadelphia Depot of NBC Northern in June 1981.
FTN 710W is one of only 6 National 2/2's to stay in the Wear District all her PSV life. After her withdrawal from Deptford in 2002 she was used as a driver trainer at Gateshead Depot until 2006.
In 2006 4710 was donated to the NEBPT by Go Ahead CEO Christopher Moyes. After restoration 4710 was rolled out at the MetroCentre event in 2008.
After that years season 4710 was mothballed until her sale in 2013 to the Northern National Restoration Group.
Now in her 5th year of ownership 4710 has again had major work done over the last 6 months. She has had a full repaint into the iconic livery of poppy red with NBC Northern fleet names.
Reliant Scimitar GTC
Land Rover Series 3
Land Rover now running a Discovery 200DI diesel Engine on a new chassis stainless hand built exhaust and a built in cooking stove on the rear door
Dennis RS/SS Pump Escape Fire Engine
New in 1982 to East Sussex Fire Brigade in Brighton, equipped and operational, attended the 1984 IRA Brighton Grand Hotel bombing. Brighton was one of the last Brigades to operate and keep the pump escapes. 10.5 diesel engine automatic. 50 FT ladder.
R L Hauxwell (Jnr)
Ex RAF, very little history. (Possibly RAF Police)
MCW Metrobus Mark 2, ex Northern 3501 with MCW bodywork H46/31F
New on the 12th June 1983, as the first Mark 2 Metrobus to be delivered to Northern and also the National Bus Company. Delivered in NBC poppy red, this vehicle was one of only 12 Metrobuses painted in this livery from new. 3501's first depot allocation was Chester le Street, and moved to Murton Depot after a year at it's previous depot, remained here until Murton closed. 3501 was withdrawn in 2000, and after restored won the best 1980's double decker award at Showbus Rally in Duxford in 2009.
The bus is powered by Gardner engine linked to a 4 speed Voith gearbox.
The vehicle is fully restored in "as new" condition.
The bus was withdrawn fifteen years ago and has been in preservation with its current owner ever since.
New in 1984, ran between North West and London on Rapide services for Ribble. Purchased from Fosters of Hetton in 1994 and still in semi use. Named Lady Pamela. This vehicle was completely refurbished in 2006.
Nissan Cherry Maxima 1.3GL 3 door hatchback. Red.
One of only 5 registered in the UK
ECW bodied Leyland Olympian
Hull Bus Restorers
Following an extensive three year restoration, this ex East Yorkshire vehicle has returned to its original Venetian blind livery.
Mercedes-Benz 300SL Convertible
This vehicle has been little used and well preserved. Merc Club National Concours winner in 2008, show car at NEC Classic in November. As of 2014 mileage less than 23,000.
BMW 316 (E30) Four door saloon
This extremely original example of a BMW E30 3-Series was acquired in January 2013. Only 3 previous owners and a genuine 67,000 miles from new
DAF SB220 Optare Delta.
Optare Delta 251 was the first of a batch of four vehicles (251 to 254) ordered by Northumbria Motor Services Ltd of Newcastle upon Tyne on the 4th of July 1989
251 was delivered to Northumbria in October 1989 after it appeared in the Bus & Coach Show at the N.E.C. It then travelled to France & Holland with the Directors & Senior Managers at the end of November 1989.
Originally based at Gallowgate depot, 251 worked out of most of the Northumbria depots at some time in her life before the sale of the Company to British Bus then ultimately Cowies (Arriva) Ironically on the 15th of January 1998 251 became the first bus to be painted in Arriva livery!
Between the 11th of January 2006 and the 21st of September 2008 251 was expertly restored by Gardiners of Spennymoor before making her debut at Showbus 2008.
GMC G2500 Vandura Day Van 5.7 V8 Petrol
Ford Escort Eclipse
New in June 1990. Owned for past 2 years since bringing up to Teesside from south Yorkshire. Had been off the road for many years before restoration.
Rover Mini Cooper SE 1275
Current owner since 1999. A ground up nut and bolt restoration was completed in November 2015.
Chevrolet Grumman LLV. US Postal Services Van
Paul & Sue Gray
US Postal Services Van. Right Hand drive as standard. Believed to be only one of 4 in the UK.
Dennis Dart 9.8SDL Alexander Dash B40F
Just The Ticket Bus Preservation (Derek Thompson)
Dennis Dart 9.8SDL Alexander Dash B40F
This vehicle was the first of a batch of six new buses 1723 - 1728 (K723 PNL - K728 PNL) delivered to Sunderland Busways in 1993.
It was named 'CITY OF SUNDERLAND' to commemorate the granting of City Status in 1992 by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on the 40th anniversary of her accession to the throne.
Chevrolet Astro Starcraft Conversion. Left hand drive. Leather captain's chair seats. Starlights in roof of van.
Owned by present owners Terry * Gillian Brown since 2006. On the road all year round. Been shown at car shows regularly over the past 10 years,