This vehicle was delivered in February 1949 and had the shortest in service life, 13 years, 8 months. No 100 survived in Sunderland with No 13 as mobile polling booths until bought by dealer Lister of Bolton in 1972. Subsequently they moved to the St Helens transport museum after being acquired by Norman Myers.
It was purchased by David Marshall in 1998, whom had it towed back to the North East. He carried out a lot of restoration over the next nine years, including fitting a replacement engine and a set of the correct pattern seats.
It was acquired by the trust in February 2014 due to accommodation problems within the Tyne & Wear Bus Preservation Group.
We have been looking for some time for funding to enable a major restoration of this vehicle to take place, therefore we are delighted to announce that we have been awarded funding by the Heritage Lottery Fund to enable ABR 433 to be professionally restored.
The vehicle has now departed from our premises and will be restored over the coming year. Keep an eye out for regular updates on our Facebook page