North East Bus Preservation Trust Limited
Wednesday 24 July 2019  
 
   

Latest News

Click here for our latest news>>



Buses Through The Ages
Sunday 28th July

At Bishop Auckland Market Place

Seaburn Historic Vehicle Display
Monday 26th August

At the Recreation Ground

 
Durham Vintage Bus Gathering
Durham Vintage Bus Gathering
At Howlands Park and Ride site

This event will feature a selection of classic buses on display, trade stands and a free bus service between Howlands Park and Ride site and Durham City Centre

Howlands - Dep 1000

Then

15 30 45 00 1545 1600 1615
Durham Millburngate - Arr 1012

at

27 42 57 12 Until 1557 1612 1627
Durham Millburngate - Dep 1000 1015

these

30 45 00 15 1600
Howlands - Arr 1012 1027

times

42 57 12 27 1612


To travel to the event by public transport catch any bus service to Durham City Centre and catch the free bus service from outside the bus station to the site.

For additional information on the location of Howlands Park and Ride site, click here

Enter a vehicle for this event

Sunday 16th June 2019

RegPhotoYearMakeExhibitor History
HKL 826HKL 8261946AEC Regal I, Beadle OB35F North East Bus Preservation Trust Ltd An unusual open-top conversion of a Beadle bodied AEC Regal bus, new to Maidstone & District and restored in their livery, Acquired by the late Christopher Moyes from Guide Friday, now in the care of NEBPT.
HHN 202HHN 2021947Bristol L5G with Eastern Coachworks single-deck bus body.David Slater The bus was new to United in the summer of 1947, with fleet number BLO 202. It was allocated to subsidiary company Bell's Services of Westerhope, Newcastle carrying the standard red and cream livery. Next, in 1951, it was returned to the main United fleet as BG 216. In 1959, the bus was transferred from United to subsidiary company Durham District Services, with whom it ran in green and cream livery, numbered DB 216. It was sold for preservation in 1968.
TUH 7TUH 71960Albion Nimbus NS3N with Harrington DP30F body.Alan Dixon New to Western Welsh
6249 UP6249 UP1963Leyland Leopard PSU3/3RT, Alexander DP51FGordon Noble New to Venture Transport as fleet no. 249, passing to Northern as 2830, later 4264. Withdrawn in 1980 and sold to APT, Lincoln. Purchased by the late Michael Reed and partly restored. Completely restored to as-new condition over a couple of years.
LCU 112LCU 1121964Daimler CCG6 with Roe double-deck body.(Calum Train) 140 Group The bus appeared in the 1964 Earls Court Motor Show. It is a hybrid of Daimler chassis and Guy driveline with Gardner engine. It has appeared in a Tesco advert. The vehicle was new to South Shields Corporation as No 140. On withdrawal, it was retained by Busways and later Stagecoach, and has been maintained by the 140 Group for 32 years. It has been in preservation longer than it was in service. The only double decker remaining in South Shields.
WBR 248WBR 2481964Atkinson Alpha with Gardner 6HLW engine and Marshall 48-seat single-deck body. North East Bus Preservation Trust Ltd No. 48 in the Sunderland Corporation fleet was one of a batch of three Atkinson chassis, which were to be the last Atkinson passenger chassis to enter service in this country in 1964. Atkinson was better known for its lorry chassis and the company were approached by Sunderland to build these vehicles after unsatisfactory performance from the Corporation's AEC Reliances. The vehicles had Gardner 6HLW engines mounted horizontally underfloor. The bodies were by Marshall to the contemporary B.E.T. specification, similar to other local vehicles at the time. The twin-door bodies were specified to operate on the Pay-As-You-Enter system. The steps into the saloon were very high, compared to the low-floor buses of today. Seating capacity was only 45 due to the dual door layout.
FBR 53DFBR 53D1966Leyland Panther PSUR1/1R Strachan B47D North East Bus Preservation Trust Ltd New to Sunderland Corporation as No. 53. Sold to Tyne and Wear Museums on withdrawal from service passing the present owner a few years later and rallied extensively since then.
JJD 530DJJD 530D1966AEC Routemaster Park Royal H06/00R North East Bus Preservation Trust Ltd This Routemaster entered service as London Transport RML2530 in 1966 and was latterly a First Group bus at Centrewest. After withdrawal in 2004 it passed via Ensign to Gillingham Football Club and was converted to a promotional vehicle with a trailer, having conversion work carried out by South East Coachworks. It was acquired by McCains in 2007 and converted into 'The Potato Bus', which travelled extensively around the country promoting McCains and explaining the story of the potato to school children, most of whom did not know that chips were made from potatoes! It was acquired by Rydale Folk Museum at Hutton-le-Hole near Pickering from McCain?s in October 2010. Following an enquiry from Keith Kitching of Scarborough it was acquired by the NEBPT in April 2012
JJD 551DJJD 551D1966AEC Routemaster Park Royal H40/32RSteve Griffin This Routemaster entered service as London Transport RML2551 in 1966, initially on route 6, and after refurbishment on route 12. Refurbishment was of both interior and of the driveline, when a Cummins engine replaced the AEC original. The current owner intends to preserve it with its route 12 branding.
TMS 585HTMS 585H1970Alexander Y type bodied Leyland Leopard C49FDavid Herron New to RTITB (Wembley) - Restored in Venture Transport Colours
GBB 516KGBB 516K1972Leyland Atlantean PDR2/1 Alexander H48/30DFred McKale Leyland Atlantean PDR2/1 new to Tyne Wear PTE in June 1972, fleet no 680. Sold to isle of man and brought back to UK 2003
RCU 838SRCU 838S1977Daimler Fleetline FE30AGR with Alexander 83-seat double-deck body. North East Bus Preservation Trust Ltd This was one of the last Tyne and Wear PTE standards, built to dual-door configuration and later converted.
YSF 87SYSF 87S1977Alexander Y type bodied Leyland Leopard PSU3D/4RRob Hughes New to Alexander Fife in September 1977 as FPE87 it later passed to Strathtay as no. 560, becoming Stagecoach 25787 when the latter group acquired Strathtay as part of the Yorkshire Traction Group.
AUP 369WAUP 369W1980Leyland Atlantean AN68B/1R Roe H43/30FTerry Wightman New to Northern General in 1980
FTN 710WFTN 710W1981Leyland National 2 B49F. Repowered with Volvo THD100E engine and Voith 851.2 gearbox Northern National Restoration Group (Craig Smith) New to Philadelphia Depot of NBC Northern in June 1981. FTN 710W is one of only 5 National 2/2's to stay in the Wear District all her PSV life. After her withdrawal from Deptford in 2002 she was used as a driver trainer at Gateshead Depot until 2006. In 2006 4710 was donated to the NEBPT by Go Ahead CEO Christopher Moyes. After restoration 4710 was rolled out at the MetroCentre event in 2008. After that years season 4710 was mothballed until her sale in 2013 to the Northern National Restoration Group. She has been overhauled over each winter up to this year. Now in her 6th year with the NNRG she is still a popular attraction at transport and other public events. New for this year are the period side advert that have been reproduced to exact ones NBC National 2 carried just after deregulation in 1986.
H669 BNLH669 BNL1991Leyland Olympian with Northern Counties double-deck open-top body. North East Bus Preservation Trust Ltd This vehicle was one of a batch of eight delivered to Sunderland Busways. It became Stagecoach 14669 after the take-over of Busways. Stagecoach converted it to part open-top in 2007 for use by City Sight-Seeing. It has subsequently been converted to full open-top by Gardiners of Spennymoor in March 2008
K723 PNLK723 PNL1992Dennis Dart 9.8SDL Alexander Dash B40F Trevor Hines This vehicle was the first of a batch of six new buses 1723 - 1728 (K723 PNL - K728 PNL) delivered to Sunderland Busways in 1993. It was named 'CITY OF SUNDERLAND' to commemorate the granting of City Status in 1992 by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on the 40th anniversary of her accession to the throne.
R855 PRGR855 PRG1998Volvo B10BLE/ Wright Renown Former Go Northern 4855. Northern National Restoration Group (Craig Smith) New to Chester le Street in June 1998 4855 was the final member of the second batch of 8 B10BLE that were bought to run the service 21 and morning 734. After 2 years the batch was reallocated to Stanley for use on the service 775 and 778 replacing the popular DAF SB220's. Then in 2008 48 found herself back at Chester LE Street to run the "branded" lime. From there she was withdrawn in 2015, displaced by Wrightbus Streetlite's. The NNRG took delivery of 4855 from Saltmeadows Road bodyshop in September 2015. Restoration started straight away and she was unveiled in her original livery in 2016 as a surprise entry at the North East Bus and Coach Show. Preserving such a complex bus is not without its problems but the NNRG have overcome several major problems that blighted her running last year and the start of this season. We are also proud to say 4855 is the first low floor bus preserved from Go Northeast and is the oldest surviving example from Go Northeast.
V988 ETNV988 ETN2000Volvo B10BLE Renown Wright bodiedChris & Gemma Purdy New to Go North East's Stanley depot for services 765/766 in 2000. She was purchased by ourselves for preservation in October 2017
NK53 TMZNK53 TMZ2003Transbus International Mini Pointer Dart Lee Calder and Kurt Stoves Ex Go North East Transbus Mini Pointer Dart 574 (NK53TMZ), New in January 2004 to Chester le Street Depot for service 734 between Ouston and Chester le Street. Entered Preservation in September 2017 and has had a lot of mechanical work done and a full respray and rebrand into its original livery